A revitalized focus on antitrust in healthcare has increased healthcare companies’ concerns about their compliance status. On this episode of In the Trenches, Brian Stimson, McDermott partner and former Acting General Counsel and Principal Deputy General Counsel for the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and Antitrust partner Justin Murphy, former trial lawyer in the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, connect for an overview of healthcare antitrust enforcement issues and proactive steps companies need to take in order to remain compliant. Brian and Justin discuss:
- The focus of DOJ’s Procurement Collusion Strike Force (PCSF) and the “red flags of collusion”
- DOJ’s use of data analytics
- The top two industries facing increased antitrust enforcement attention, cases to watch and practical steps for companies under investigation
- The role of a computer hacking and intellectual property (CHIP) prosecutor
- The value of experienced defense counsel in antitrust investigations
- Recommended steps for healthcare organizations to assess their procurement protocols and other compliance programs
To listen to the full podcast, please click here.